Monday, November 12, 2007

American Diabetes Association

I found this article to be really well written. But also, sadly, quite humerous. I just don't understand ADA's stratgy for making sense out of their system of decieding who they can accept payment from and those they do not feel comfortable accepting donations from. I mean, they were considering Burger King, a business which obviously sells more unhealthy products than healthy ones, and yet they consider them as a possible person to recieve donation from. Weird. I think that instead of justifying what they are doing by trying to make guidelines, either they should take money from whomever and a justify as needinf funding or they should just not take money from any companies whom are obviously trying to trick consumers into thinking their products are not that unhealthy. I don't think that I would let anyone put my name on their label if it made my company look bad, and frankly some of the companies they allow to put their name on their labels only makes them look bad. I find this topic interesting because it really has some gray areas. On one hand these foundations need money. On the other, the sort of villian they are up against is exactly who is funding them to find ways to help people. It's like the villian is helping to find a way to stop itself, only they must know that there is no way to do this, or why else would they? But on the other hand, these organizations need to stand up to the companies that they are unconcievebaly upgainst and not take money. But it is the inbetween that is odd.

No comments: